The first—and most—applied text for
is more than just a book.
Psychology Applied to Teaching,9/e
Jack Snowman, Southern Illinois
University & Robert Biehler
with Technology Contributor Curtis J. Bonk, Indiana University
Available Now (© 2000) • 672 Pages • Paperback
• ISBN (Student Package) 0-618-03794-2
• ISBN (Instructor Package) 0-618-03788-8
It's an on-the-job resource that helps students put theory into action...
• "Suggestions for Teaching in Your Classroom," highly practical and concrete examples, comprise more than 30% of the text.
• New! Substantial coverage of technology in education has been integrated into every chapter by Curtis J. Bonk of Indiana University, a leading expert in instructional technology, and a dedicated, interactive web site, INSITE (www.hmc o.com/college, select "Education"), offers unsurpassed resources and enrichment.
...and an up-to-date classroom tool
• New! An entire chapter on "Approaches to Instruction" presents teaching within the framework of the five views of learning: behavioral, cognitive, constructivist, humanistic, and social.
• New! The most extensive coverage available of individual differences features thoroughly revised chapters on "Understanding Student Differences" and "Addressing Cultural and Socioeconomic Diversity."
• New! Other hot topics include the use of technology to promote cognitive development; the importance of Erikson's Industry v. Inferiority stage to classroom teachers; cognitive characteristics of primary, elementary, and middle school c hildren; the relation of Vygotsky's ideas to meaningful learning and metacognition; the role of visual imagery encoding; constructivism, and technology for classroom management and at-risk students.
This important new web-based teaching and learning tool includes the following sections and so much more!
Please contact: your Houghton Mifflin sales representative; our Faculty Services Center at (800) 733-1717 ; or log onto www.hmco.com/college and select "Education" to request an examination copy of Psychology Applied to Teaching, 9/e which includes a key card providing complete access to INSITE.