G411/G511 Sustainable Development Systems
Dr. Tom P. Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Geography
Meeting time: Wednesday 4:00-6:30pm
Schedule and Topics
Sustainability, Food Supply and Food Security
1) Rosenzweig and Parry. 1994. Potential impact of climate change on world food supply. Nature. 367: 133-138.
2) Mousseau, F. SAHEL: A prisoner of starvation? A case study of the 2005 food crisis in Niger. Oakland Institute.
3) Pinstrup-Anderson, P. and Pandya-Lorch, R. 1998. Food security and sustainable use of natural resources: a 2020 Vision. Ecological Economics 26: 1-10.
4) Stocking, M. 2003. Tropical Soils and Food Security: The Next 50 years. Science. Vol. 302. no. 5649, pp. 1356 - 1359.
5) Smithers and Palmer. 2001. Technology innovation as a strategy for climate adaptation in agriculture. Applied Geography. 21:175-197.
6) Bradshaw et al. 2004. Farm-level adaptation to climatic variability and change: crop diversification in the Canadian praries. Climatic Change. 67: 119-141.
Development, Sustainability and Equity
Proceedings of the Second IPCC Expert Meeting on DES
Havana, Cuba 23-25 February 2000
Edited by Ramon Pichs, Rob Swart, Neil Leary and Flo Ormond
Integrating Sustainable Development and Climate Change in the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report
Proceedings of the IPCC Expert Meeting held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, 5-7 March 2003
Ramakrishnan, P. Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Tropical Rain Forest Landscape. Climatic Change. 1998. 39: 583-600.
3) Seyfang, . In press. Ecological citizenship and sustainable consumption: examining local organic food networks. Journal of Rural Studies.